Rissa Solutions Oyj, a Finnish supplier of mobile sales and customer service software, today announced the immediate availability of mZipper release 4.0, the first e-commerce software for the Global 5000 companies that combines professional mobile devices with proven back end integration to major ERP systems.
mZipper 4.0 is designed to improve sales, after sales and field service operations in a demand chain. The highly configurable software package enables mobile employees, dealers, customers and service personnel in the field to handle real time business transactions such as ordering and inventory management through wireless and Internet devices.
The key features of mZipper 4.0 are:
- Support for professional mobile appliances operating on the Palm, Pocket PC and Symbian EPOC platforms
- XML based integration kit and native back end systems integration modules to major ERP systems (Baan, Scala, SAP R/3, MFG/PRO)
- Versatile user interface template engine, which allows the development of user interfaces for third generation mobile phones, among other emerging internet enabled appliances
"There is a real market demand for a solution that enables medium sized and large organisations to execute business transactions based on enterprise data using a handheld device", said Mika Rissa, CEO of Rissa Solutions Oyj. "With the new release 4.0 of mZipper, we are able to provide an unmatched combination of real time business transactions, support for mobile business processes and enterprise systems integration".
mZipper 4.0 consists of the following modules for multichannel customer service:
- mZipper Netseller - sell side functions for inventory management, ordering, logistics and requests for quotations with proven enterprise systems integration
- mZipper Catalog - product catalog content management with multichannel publishing system (Internet, paper, SGML, XML, CD ROM)
- mZipper Portal - role based or individually customised service desktop, which covers personalised access to other mZipper modules and links to internal or external information sources
- mZipper Integration modules - mZipper server can be connected to enterprise back end information systems through native connectors or open XML and generic EDI file integration kits
"Rissa Solutions is fully committed to supporting technology standards and the platforms that our large customers require", said Eliina Vornanen, Head of R&D at Rissa Solutions. The mZipper 4.0 software is written in 100% Java and it runs on Windows NT, Windows 2000, Sun Solaris and IBM AIX servers. The system is planned for 24/7 service with monitoring and load balancing support.
mZipper 4.0 products are available through systems integrators and resellers.
[ Home | Contact | MobiChat | Experts database | Let's do it ]
Comments to the content of this page can be posted on the MobiChat discussion group